    in the master page would work.

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 18, 2007

  2. Rob

    Aidy Guest

    You could still use frames (*dons flame suit* :) ), but other than that
    it'll need to be an AJAX solution.

    Aidy, Jun 18, 2007

  3. Rob

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > I have a master page that contains a table layout. The contentplaceholder
    > is located in one of the table cells. With frames technology it was
    > possible for hyperlinks to load the linked pages into a frame without
    > having to reload any other frames.

    Not natively, though Ajax would certainly do what you require.

    One of the commonest misconceptions about MasterPages are that they are
    somehow the ASP.NET 2 equivalent of framesets - they aren't at all.

    In fact, a MasterPage is really nothing more than a UserControl.

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 18, 2007
  4. Rob

    Rob Guest

    Thanks for your response.

    I've tried placing an AJAX update panel around the contenplaceholder in the
    mastersheet, with menu items set as triggers. This doesn't seem to have the
    desired effect though. Is anybody able to offer any advice on how I could
    achieve this using AJAX.

    Thanks,
    Rob

    Rob, Jun 19, 2007
  5. Rob

    Mark Rae Guest

    "Rob" <> wrote in message

    > I've tried placing an AJAX update panel around the contenplaceholder in
    > the
    > mastersheet, with menu items set as triggers. This doesn't seem to have
    > the
    > desired effect though. Is anybody able to offer any advice on how I could
    > achieve this using AJAX.

    No, that's not what I meant - you certainly can't do that.

    What you would need to do is to redesign / rewrite the content page in
    question so that it used Ajax internally.

    However, you really do need to get out of the mindset of a frameset...

    MasterPages don't change the content of the "main" frame or whatever - they
    reload the entire page every time...

    --
    http://www.markrae.net

    Mark Rae, Jun 19, 2007