Master webpartzone

Guest

Hi,

In my application I would like to have a 'master' webpartzone. A zone which
content is the same on every page. I tried to create as custom
PersonalizationProvider which saves the content of the 'Master' zone using
always the same path ("master").

In the LoadPersonalizationState I tried to combine the webparts of the
asking page with the webparts of the "master" page, but the webpartmanager of
the PersonalizationState has no zones after calling the
base.LoadPersonalizationState.

Can anyone help my creating a "master" webpartzone?

Marc

Guest

Marc,

Really it would be awesome to have a masterpage webpartzone. I spent a more
than a couple days on that one too and its on my wish list.

Make pseudo masterpage webpartzone by DWS:
Instead of navigating to a different page hide/show webpartzones based on
the querry string in the page_init routine of course the masterzone is always
visible.

Examples
http://localhost/DWS.aspx?z=blogs
'show blogs zone...