    crea Guest

    Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
    know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

    crea, Mar 9, 2011

  2. On 3/9/2011 1:40 PM, crea wrote:
    > Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
    > know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

    Try "Modern C++ Design" by Alexandrescu, "Multi-Paradigm Design for C++"
    by Coplien. Concentrate on the application domain, not the language.
    C++ is just a tool.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 9, 2011

  3. crea

    bancsy Guest

    On Mar 10, 2:40 am, "crea" <> wrote:
    > Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level.. I
    > know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

    You can find a list of the definitive books on C++ here:

    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

    There are other good books out there but I find this list to be
    satisfactory.
    If you want to take your programming skills higher you can also read
    books on software design.
    "Design Patterns" by Gamma et al and "Refactoring" by Fowler are two
    of the most popular.

    bancsy, Mar 10, 2011
  4. crea

    Qi Guest

    On 2011-3-10 2:40, crea wrote:
    > Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
    > know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

    Too many books there.
    But "C++ Templates" is very very good.
    I read it a lot recently.

    --
    WQ

    Qi, Mar 10, 2011
  5. crea

    ptyxs Guest

    Effective C++ by Scott Meyers is a very good book.

    ptyxs, Mar 10, 2011
  6. Exceptional C++ by Herb Sutter is good book.

    --
    Ruslan Mulakhmetov

    Ruslan Mullakhmetov, Mar 10, 2011
  7. crea

    crea Guest

    ptyxs wrote:
    > Effective C++ by Scott Meyers is a very good book.

    Ok. Its not a book for beginners? because I am not a beginner...

    crea, Mar 10, 2011
  8. crea

    crea Guest

    Ruslan Mullakhmetov wrote:
    > Exceptional C++ by Herb Sutter is good book.

    Thanks, nice to get options. I will buy many books now.. like 3-5

    crea, Mar 10, 2011
  9. On 3/10/2011 3:33 PM, crea wrote:
    > ptyxs wrote:
    >> Effective C++ by Scott Meyers is a very good book.

    > Ok. Its not a book for beginners? because I am not a beginner...

    I think you should leaf through it in your local bookstore and judge for
    yourself. When I got my first copy (several years into my C++ studies),
    out of the 50 items I found that only 6 represented something I've not
    known.

    Victor Bazarov, Mar 10, 2011
  10. crea

    bancsy Guest

    On Mar 11, 4:38 am, Victor Bazarov <> wrote:
    > On 3/10/2011 3:33 PM, crea wrote:
    >
    > > ptyxs wrote:
    > >> Effective C++ by Scott Meyers is a very good book.

    > > Ok. Its not a book for beginners? because I am not a beginner...

    > I think you should leaf through it in your local bookstore and judge for
    > yourself.  When I got my first copy (several years into my C++ studies),
    > out of the 50 items I found that only 6 represented something I've not
    > known.

    I have to agree. Don't take other people's words for it. You have to
    browse through it to know
    whether it is a good book for you to read.

    bancsy, Mar 11, 2011
  11. crea

    crea Guest

    Victor Bazarov wrote:
    > On 3/9/2011 1:40 PM, crea wrote:
    >> Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next
    >> level. I know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

    > Try "Modern C++ Design" by Alexandrescu,

    ordered

    crea, Mar 11, 2011
  12. crea

    crea Guest

    crea, Mar 11, 2011
  13. crea

    crea Guest

    Ruslan Mullakhmetov wrote:
    > Exceptional C++ by Herb Sutter is good book.

    All 3 Herb Sutter books ordered ;)

    crea, Mar 11, 2011