Mastering C++ books

crea

Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

Victor Bazarov

Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

Try "Modern C++ Design" by Alexandrescu, "Multi-Paradigm Design for C++"
by Coplien. Concentrate on the application domain, not the language.
C++ is just a tool.

bancsy

Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level.. I
know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

You can find a list of the definitive books on C++ here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/388242/the-definitive-c-book-guide-and-list

There are other good books out there but I find this list to be
satisfactory.
If you want to take your programming skills higher you can also read
books on software design.
"Design Patterns" by Gamma et al and "Refactoring" by Fowler are two
of the most popular.

Qi

Any good advanced level C++ books you would recommend to go to next level. I
know basics since 1996. I have already Bjarnes book.

Too many books there.
But "C++ Templates" is very very good.
I read it a lot recently.

Victor Bazarov

Ok. Its not a book for beginners? because I am not a beginner...

I think you should leaf through it in your local bookstore and judge for
yourself. When I got my first copy (several years into my C++ studies),
out of the 50 items I found that only 6 represented something I've not
known.

bancsy

I think you should leaf through it in your local bookstore and judge for
yourself.  When I got my first copy (several years into my C++ studies),
out of the 50 items I found that only 6 represented something I've not
known.

I have to agree. Don't take other people's words for it. You have to
browse through it to know
whether it is a good book for you to read.