MasterPage Load Timing

Fred Chateau

I have some data that must be shared between a master page and content page.
Rather than requesting the data twice, in each Page_Load, I would like to
request the data in one page and then cache it for the other page.

Does anyone know which page loads first? Or can I simply inherit from the
other page to share the data? Or is there a better way to handle this?

Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

Fred Chateau

Fred Chateau said:
Sorry if this sounds confusing. I'm not sure how else to explain it.

To clarify this, the same dataset that is populating the content page is
being used to write dynamic METAS in the HEAD section of the master page
that change with each content page.

Regards,

Fred Chateau
fchateauAtComcastDotNet

Eliyahu Goldin

Hmm...what makes you think it is not customary to post thankyous? I think to
the contrary.

Fred Chateau

It seems I remember that use to be a general rule in Usenet etiquette
because unnecessary postings tie up bandwidth.

I think it comes from days when most users had to pay by the amount of
postings they downloaded. It's probably an outdated rule by now but maybe
not. I wonder how many users in remote parts of the world still pay per byte
for Usenet.

Regards,

Fred Chateau