MasterPage not working in VWD 2008

rosoft

Hi

I was looking at a instruction video form www.LearnVisualStudio.Net how to
add MasterPages. But the video is for VWD 2005. In the video the guy is
adding a master page and then inserts new items (Pages) to the project and
as he adds pages he can select "Place code in separate files" or "Select
Master Page". I can't find the way to add the new item to my MasterPage in
stead I have to copy and paiste code to add a pages to the master page. Does
any one know how to set up the IDE so I can select MasterPage for a new item
(page.aspx)?

Lars

Eliyahu Goldin

You need to create content pages as Web Content Page. The "Add new item"
dialog provides it in the list of the available templates. Once you entered
the page name, you will be presented with a dialog for selecting the master
page for the new content page.

--
Eliyahu Goldin,
Software Developer

Anatoly Podgoretsky

Template for existing content pages

<%@ Page Language="VB" MasterPageFile="~/site.master" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="x.aspx.vb" Inherits="_Default" Title="x" %>

<asp:Content ID="MainPage" ContentPlaceHolderID="MainContent" runat="server">

</asp:Content>

--
Best regards,
Anatoly Podgoretsky