MasterPage, UserControl and Webform

kirkski

The layout of my site is as follows:

I've a MasterPage that contains a UserControl and attached to the
MasterPage is webforms that contain the sites content.

My porblem is how to access the UserControl on the MasterPage from
within the Web Forms. I can access it no problem from the MasterPage
as its available from intellisense. Oh, and i'm using C#

Thanks in advance,

Steve.

Teemu Keiski

Hi,

with Master.FindControl("UCControl1") where UCControl1 is the id of the UC.
This way yo can get rerefence to the user control.

Another option is op create a readonly property on the Master which exposes
the UC . Then on content page, specify @MasterType directive whichs
strongly-types Master property on content page (e.g on content page
Master.PropertyName gives access to the UC you expose)

You'll see concrete example of it at:
http://forums.asp.net/thread/1168780.aspx