Masterpages and iframes question

Guest

I'm using asp.net 2.0 beta 2 and I have a master page set up and then my
content page that uses the master page. On the master page I have an iframe
element that loads up another page. The page loaded by the iframe is another
asp.net page that is a content page that uses a different master page. When I
load my main page and then it tries to load this secondary page in the iframe
the page in the iframe doesn't load. I get instead a server error with the
message "Content controls have to be top-level controls in a content page or
a nested master page that references a master page." The page works fine if
it isn't inside an iframe but not when it is in an iframe.

Does anybody know if it is possible to use pages that are Master\Content
pages in an iframe or will asp.net not allow this?

Thanks.

Bruce Barker

the server has no way of knowing if the request from a iframe, frame or top
level window. there must be something else that is happening.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

Guest

Yes, this is why I thought it odd that it didn't work but I had it happen on
2 different pages so I thought I'd see if there wasn't something I wasn't
considering. After I posted this I went back and set up a very simple test to
try and see if I could make this work outside the complexity of my site and I
was able to get it working so you're right, there is something else
happening. I just have to look back at my real site now and see what I did
wrong in my page that gets loaded in the iframe.

Bruno