Masterpages/themes messes up designmode

Guest

I'm porting an application from asp to asp.net2.0 and thought this would be
a good time to test masterpages and themes.

The end result is fine but I find it difficult to recreate forms in
designmode since the pages gets very cluttered (controls on top of each
other, stylesheet from theme not applied). The forms use both layers with
absolute positioning and styles (from stylesheet in themes).

Does everybody have the same problems with themes/masterpages in designmode
or have I done something wrong with my pages?
Theme is applied by web.config.

Thanks

Guest

Answering ny own questerion...

I guess that stylesheets in themes are not actually applied until the page
is displayed.
So moving my stylesheet to my masterpage using <link href="Style.css"
rel="stylesheet" type="text/css"> solves the problem. Since I only wanted to
use one theme anyway this solves my problem with design view.

Does anyone know how to solve this if stylesheet cannot be placed in
masterpage (if several themes are used)?

/ Markus

Guest

There are a few issues with CSS in general, but I'm not sure any of them are
new. I think what you want to do is use pageStylesheetTheme attribute in the
page tag of web.config. It will apply the theme to the master page as well
as content pages at design time.

Guest

Thanks Larry,
I should never have doubted the powers of VS!
<pages theme="Default" styleSheetTheme="Default"/> worked fine in design time!