MasterType Directive Error

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by rfcarter, Dec 6, 2008.

  1. rfcarter

    rfcarter Guest

    I am trying to set a strongly typed referece to my Master Page from content
    pages and get the following error when I build:

    Error 1 The type name 'ISOTimeSheets' does not exist in the type
    'ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets'

    The code inserted into the designer.cs for the web page is the following:

    /// <summary>
    /// Master property.
    /// </summary>
    /// <remarks>
    /// Auto-generated property.
    /// </remarks>
    public new ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets Master {
    get {
    return ((ISOTimeSheets.ISOTimeSheets)(base.Master));
    }

    The line I added to my content page is:

    <%@ MasterType VirtualPath="~/ISOTimeSheets.Master" %>

    The project is not strongly named due to a vendor component that I am using,
    but just to see of this was the issue I strongly named the project and the
    error still exists. There is not much help on the web other than showing how
    to use the directive. If I cannot get this to work with the directive does
    someone have a code snippet that would allow me to loosely couple? I saw one
    vague reference to loose coupling but no examples in my reseatch thus far.

    What I am trying to accomplish is the establishment of some properties on
    the master page so I can reduce, and hopefully eliminate, the need to session
    vaiables in my application.

    Thanks

    rfcarter, Dec 6, 2008

  2. rfcarter

    Mike Brind Guest

    "rfcarter" <> wrote in message
    >I am trying to set a strongly typed referece to my Master Page

    This newsgroup is for classic ASP (pages end in .asp) whereas your question
    concerns ASP.NET (pages end in .aspx). They are totally different
    technologies. You would be better advised posting to http://forums.asp.net
    or microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.aspnet

    --
    Mike Brind
    MVP - ASP/ASP.NET

    Mike Brind, Dec 8, 2008