Match Brace in Eclipse

moleskyca1

Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
automate it)?
When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Thomas Fritsch

When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it,
I assume you double-clicked onto the .bat file. Don't do!
how can I tell eclipse
that I want to edit file, not run it.
Right-click onto the .bat file. Then, in the popup-menu select "Open with -
Text Editor".

Manish Pandit

Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
automate it)?
When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Batch file association:

Window/Preferences/General/Editors/File Associations
Look for *.bat
Look for Associated Editors in the bottom pane
Add/Remove/Edit editors (you can select 'Text Editor' so that batch
files will not execute).

Matching Brace:

Not sure how to get to the matching brace, but you can select a block
between braces if that is your goal. You can double click right after
the brace and it will block select the area between that and the
corresponding closing brace.

-cheers,
Manish

heysc0tt

Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
automate it)?
When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

Go to Matching Bracket -> Ctrl+Shift+P

This page may be helpful:
http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net/Keyboard_shortcuts_(3.0).pdf