    When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
    that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

    , Jul 6, 2007

  2. wrote:
    > When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it,

    I assume you double-clicked onto the .bat file. Don't do!
    > how can I tell eclipse
    > that I want to edit file, not run it.

    Right-click onto the .bat file. Then, in the popup-menu select "Open with -
    Text Editor".

    --
    Thomas

    Thomas Fritsch, Jul 6, 2007

  3. On Jul 6, 6:30 am, wrote:
    > Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:
    >
    > Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
    > Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
    > done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
    > automate it)?
    > When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
    > that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

    Batch file association:

    Window/Preferences/General/Editors/File Associations
    Look for *.bat
    Look for Associated Editors in the bottom pane
    Add/Remove/Edit editors (you can select 'Text Editor' so that batch
    files will not execute).

    Matching Brace:

    Not sure how to get to the matching brace, but you can select a block
    between braces if that is your goal. You can double click right after
    the brace and it will block select the area between that and the
    corresponding closing brace.

    -cheers,
    Manish

    Manish Pandit, Jul 6, 2007

    On Jul 6, 6:30 am, wrote:
    > Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:
    >
    > Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
    > Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
    > done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
    > automate it)?
    > When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
    > that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

    Go to Matching Bracket -> Ctrl+Shift+P

    This page may be helpful:
    http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net/Keyboard_shortcuts_(3.0).pdf

    , Jul 6, 2007

    On Jul 6, 12:20 pm, wrote:
    > On Jul 6, 6:30 am, wrote:
    >
    > > Sorry other question whcih I forgot to ask:

    > > Do you know how to go to the matching brace (or parenthesis, etc...)?
    > > Or recording and replay macro (for example, if you need simple editing
    > > done on many lines, but don't want to type for each one, you know
    > > automate it)?
    > > When I open a .bat file, it wants to run it, how can I tell eclipse
    > > that I want to edit file, not run it. Thank you

    > Go to Matching Bracket -> Ctrl+Shift+P
    >
    > This page may be helpful:http://eclipse-tools.sourceforge.net/Keyboard_shortcuts_(3.0).pdf

    Thank you. I tried Ctrl+Shift+P but eclipse didnt go to matching
    braket. It keeps saying: No matching bracket found. I tried on first
    brace on this code and on first braket:

    public class test {
    test() { int a[] = new int[3]; }
    }