    Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse. You can go to
    matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P), but not matching brace ('}'). This is
    useful, but I found no way to do it.
    Orson, Jun 23, 2008

  2. Orson wrote:
    > Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse.

    Yes.

    > You can go to matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P),

    True.

    > but not matching brace ('}').

    You can in any version of Eclipse I've used.

    > This is useful, but I found no way to do it.

    Position the cursor immediately *after* the brace. Eclipse then
    highlights the matching brace (if on-screen) and Ctrl+Shift+P can be
    used to jump to the matching brace.

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Jun 23, 2008

  3. Orson

    Orson Guest

    On Jun 23, 11:00 am, RedGrittyBrick <>
    wrote:
    > Orson wrote:
    > > Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse.

    > Yes.
    >
    > > You can go to matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P),

    > True.
    >
    > > but not matching brace ('}').

    > You can in any version of Eclipse I've used.
    >
    > > This is useful, but I found no way to do it.

    > Position the cursor immediately *after* the brace. Eclipse then
    > highlights the matching brace (if on-screen) and Ctrl+Shift+P can be
    > used to jump to the matching brace.
    >
    > --
    > RGB

    Ah, yes, positioning the cursor works. This is good, but Ctrl+Shift+P
    does not take me to the matching brace.

    I am using Version: 3.3.2 Build id: M20080221-1800. Only plugins that
    came with eclipse installed.

    Can anyone tell me how I get that to work?
    Orson, Jun 23, 2008
  4. Orson

    GArlington Guest

    On Jun 23, 9:26 pm, Orson <> wrote:
    > On Jun 23, 11:00 am, RedGrittyBrick <>
    > wrote:

    <snap>

    > > > You can go to matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P),

    <snap>

    > Can anyone tell me how I get that to work?

    It (Ctrl+shift+P) works in Java perspective, might have alternative
    mapping in your current perspective though...
    GArlington, Jun 24, 2008
  5. Orson

    voorth Guest

    > > Orson wrote:
    > > > Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse.

    Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
    to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
    selection.
    This also works for parentheses and quotes.
    voorth, Jun 25, 2008
  6. Orson

    Orson Guest

    On Jun 25, 7:56 am, voorth <> wrote:

    > Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
    > to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
    > selection.
    > This also works for parentheses and quotes.

    Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
    don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
    to the matching brace.
    Orson, Jul 3, 2008
  7. Orson wrote:

    >> Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
    >> to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
    >> selection.
    >> This also works for parentheses and quotes.

    > Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
    > don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
    > to the matching brace.

    Other are saying:
    "Ctrl+Shift+P *will* take me to the matching brace".

    --
    RGB
    RedGrittyBrick, Jul 4, 2008
  8. Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:13:00 -0700 (PDT), /Orson/:

    > Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
    > to the matching brace.

    Just check your configuration - have you changed any key bindings
    (Window -> Preferences: General / Keys)? Do you see the
    Ctrl+Shift+P hint on the Navigate -> Go To -> Matching Bracket menu
    item? Check you have no other application which consume
    Ctrl+Shift+P keystrokes globally, also. You may further address
    Eclipse specific questions in the Eclipse newsgroups
    <http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups>.

    --
    Stanimir
    Stanimir Stamenkov, Jul 4, 2008
  9. Orson wrote:

    >> Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
    >> to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
    >> selection.
    >> This also works for parentheses and quotes.

    > Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
    > don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
    > to the matching brace.

    Ctrl+Shift+p certainly works for me, as for many others. I suggest
    investigating your Eclipse configuration. Perhaps take it to an Eclipse
    newsgroup?

    Patricia
    Patricia Shanahan, Jul 4, 2008