Matching brace in eclipse

Orson

Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse. You can go to
matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P), but not matching brace ('}'). This is
useful, but I found no way to do it.

RedGrittyBrick

Orson said:
Is there way to go to matching brace in eclipse.
Yes.

You can go to matching braket (Ctrl+shift+P),
True.

but not matching brace ('}').

You can in any version of Eclipse I've used.

This is useful, but I found no way to do it.

Position the cursor immediately *after* the brace. Eclipse then
highlights the matching brace (if on-screen) and Ctrl+Shift+P can be
used to jump to the matching brace.

Orson

You can in any version of Eclipse I've used.

Position the cursor immediately *after* the brace. Eclipse then
highlights the matching brace (if on-screen) and Ctrl+Shift+P can be
used to jump to the matching brace.

Ah, yes, positioning the cursor works. This is good, but Ctrl+Shift+P
does not take me to the matching brace.

I am using Version: 3.3.2 Build id: M20080221-1800. Only plugins that
came with eclipse installed.

Can anyone tell me how I get that to work?

voorth

Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
selection.
This also works for parentheses and quotes.

Orson

Double-clicking the position after the brace will select everything up
to the matching brace, and position the cursor at the end of the
selection.
This also works for parentheses and quotes.

Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
to the matching brace.

RedGrittyBrick

Orson said:
Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
to the matching brace.

Other are saying:
"Ctrl+Shift+P *will* take me to the matching brace".

Stanimir Stamenkov

Thu, 3 Jul 2008 13:13:00 -0700 (PDT), /Orson/:
Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
to the matching brace.

Just check your configuration - have you changed any key bindings
(Window -> Preferences: General / Keys)? Do you see the
Ctrl+Shift+P hint on the Navigate -> Go To -> Matching Bracket menu
item? Check you have no other application which consume
Ctrl+Shift+P keystrokes globally, also. You may further address
Eclipse specific questions in the Eclipse newsgroups
<http://www.eclipse.org/newsgroups>.

Patricia Shanahan

Orson said:
Yes, this work. It's a strange way to get it to work, but it worked. I
don't know what other are saying. Ctrl+shift+P just will not take me
to the matching brace.

Ctrl+Shift+p certainly works for me, as for many others. I suggest
investigating your Eclipse configuration. Perhaps take it to an Eclipse
newsgroup?

Patricia