Math is not my strong suit,,,

Dave

Clients upload QuickTime .MOV files to our web site which is written in
Classic ASP.

Our host provider does not have any QuickTime related APIs installed, so
I cannot use the QuickTime API to access data about the MOV files
uploaded.

I want to get the following information:

Width, Height, Frame Rate, Duration

After googling for an hour I could not find any sample code to get this
info in ASP, PHP, Perl or any other language I can read. But I did find
a link to:

http://developer.apple.com/documentation/QuickTime/QTFF/qtff.pdf

Which is the QuickTime file format.

It's taken a couple of hours, but I've managed to write some code to get
the Width and Height of the MOV file, and the duration in full seconds.
But I can't figure out the frame rate or the number of frames if the
duration is not an even number of seconds.

These are the values I have to work with:

qt_time_scale = 7680
qt_duration = 85504

seconds = qt_duration \ qt_time_scale

But there is a remainder and I can't figure out how to calculate how
many frames that remainder is...

Has anyone else done this?

jp2code

Dave,

Thanks for helping with my post immediately below yours.

Maybe I can help you, but I'm not great at ASP:

Can ASP calculate a modulus?

If A = 5 and B = 2, then in C/C++:

value = A / B = 2;
// value would be 2 because 2 goes into 5 twice

remain = A % B = 1;
// remain would be the remainder.

HTH,
Joe

Dave

Nevermind, I figured it out. All frames are a constant size of "256",
so I just divide the remainder by 256 to get the number of frames left.

And, if I divide the qt_time_code by 256 I get the frame rate.

--Dave