math symbols not displaying

Andrew Dabrowski

I'm working on a simple Python program, with Tkinter, and I need to
display the math symbols for set union and intersection, in unicode
\N{N-ARY UNION} and \N{N-ARY INTERSECTION}. Everything was displaying
correctly (when I ran the program) until I changed my OS distribution
from SuSE to Ubuntu. Now those two symbols are not being displayed. I'm
not getting any error messages, there are simply blank spaces where the
symbols should be. Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm using Gnome
under Ubuntu 6.06.

Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

Andrew Dabrowski said:
I'm working on a simple Python program, with Tkinter, and I need to
display the math symbols for set union and intersection, in unicode
\N{N-ARY UNION} and \N{N-ARY INTERSECTION}. Everything was displaying
correctly (when I ran the program) until I changed my OS distribution
from SuSE to Ubuntu. Now those two symbols are not being displayed. I'm
not getting any error messages, there are simply blank spaces where the
symbols should be. Any ideas what the problem could be? I'm using Gnome
under Ubuntu 6.06.

The glyphs have to be present in the font that is used. Fonts that should
contain almost all mathematical characters are in the `latex-xft-fonts`
package.

Ciao,
Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch