Mathematical Python Library

mc

I'm looking for a library which can do mathematical stuff like
solving equations. Or calculation the nulls of a function and so on.
Does anyone know one?

Thanks in advance!

Rob Clewley

The closest thing so far is probably going to be a combination of the
numpy, scipy, and sympy libraries. The latter is the one with the most
functionality for solving equations algebraically, but is also the
least mature package at the moment. The first two also provide the
basic tools for calculating the nulls of a function (for instance) as
numerical approximations, provided you are able to write small scripts
to use those tools.

-Rob

--
Robert H. Clewley, Ph. D.
Assistant Professor

tel: 404-413-6420 fax: 404-651-2246
http://www.mathstat.gsu.edu/~matrhc
http://brainsbehavior.gsu.edu/

Jaap Spies

Cameron said:
.
.
.
While there are in fact several possible approaches to symbolic mani-
pulation of "mathematical stuff" in Python, I STRONGLY recommend that
beginners in the area look into SAGE <URL: http://www.sagemath.org/ >,
already mentioned above by Dennis. SAGE is life-altering software, for
those with a life focused on mathematics or related science or
engineering.

+1

Jaap