    SVG out of a MathML file. I know Custard, JEuclid and some other tools
    which haven't conviced me yet. I know Mathematica can export to SVG but
    this a little bit overdosed for my needs.

    Tom, Jun 5, 2005

  2. There is also the route of mathml - tex - dvi - svg, I haven't tried any
    of the dvi to svg convertors recently but google'ing for dvi svg shows a
    lot of activity in that area.

    David

    David Carlisle, Jun 6, 2005

  3. Tom

    Tom Guest

    Indeed I just began to go this way a few days ago. The dvi2svg
    convertors seem to be more advanced than mml2svg.
    My problem is know that I need a "slim" latex system for windows which
    only purpose is to create a dvi out of my tex files. All
    "distributions" like MikTex are huge package collections. I haven't
    found yet any usefull information about what I minimally need for just
    creating a dvi out of a tex file. The reason is I plan to incorporate
    this in my custom application

    Tom, Jun 6, 2005
  4. Tom

    justus Guest

    A student of mine has implemented a MathML-to-SVG converter in XSLT
    2.0. It is far from production quality, but the design is relatively
    clean, and we hope to massage it into a useful distribution over the
    summer. This should be a good starting point for further development.
    Check it out at http://ms800.montefiore.ulg.ac.be/~stevens/pMML2SVG/
    (in French, sorry, but there are pictures).

    justus, Jun 7, 2005
  5. Tom

    Peter Flynn Guest

    Tom wrote:

    > Indeed I just began to go this way a few days ago. The dvi2svg
    > convertors seem to be more advanced than mml2svg.
    > My problem is know that I need a "slim" latex system for windows which
    > only purpose is to create a dvi out of my tex files. All
    > "distributions" like MikTex are huge package collections. I haven't
    > found yet any usefull information about what I minimally need for just
    > creating a dvi out of a tex file. The reason is I plan to incorporate
    > this in my custom application

    One of the commercial implementations, PCTeX, installs with a minimal
    set of packages and may suit this requirement as it is targeted at math.
    http://www.pctex.com

    ///Peter
    &;top"

    Peter Flynn, Jun 27, 2005