    value, phase, amplitude etc) of that signal and then using those values
    in my VHDL code ???

    , Dec 1, 2006

  2. boysr2003

    Joined:
    Jul 27, 2006
    Messages:
    my name is Yassir Boukhriss. I am doing the same thing with a different board that has a xilinx fpga. I guess, you need to write a c program to read data from the channel that has the signal of interest, and then import that file into Matlab for analysis.
    Good luck!

    boysr2003, Dec 1, 2006

  3. schrieb:

    > I am relatively new to VHDL .. I want to know can I use a analog or
    > digital signal and read it in the computer as a signal (lets say
    > 'test') using a Altera educational UP3 board which also has an FPGA on
    > it ....

    There is no analog-to-digital converter in at the UP2 education boards.
    There are quite a lot of pins you may use for digital I/O
    (FLEX_EXPAN_A/B/C).

    > and then write code in Matlab to find different aspects(max
    > value, phase, amplitude etc) of that signal and then using those values
    > in my VHDL code ???

    Do I understand you right, that you want to sample analog data, read the
    samples (in matlab), do some calculations there (real time or
    post-processing) and feed the results back to the FPGA (real time?)?

    What about using an external ADC, talk to this ADC with the FPGA
    (digital), get the data and do the desired calculations inside the FPGA?

    Ralf

    Ralf Hildebrandt, Dec 2, 2006