matplotlib error with tkagg

Federico

Hi, I'm using python 2.2 under windows...when I use the 'Agg ' backend it
works fine but when I try to use the 'TkAgg' one I've an error message that
says :
"import tkagg # Paint image to Tk photo blitter extension
File "D:\PYTHON~1.3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\tkagg.py", line
1, in ?
import _tkagg
ImportError: DLL load failed: " impossible to find the specified procedure

What do I need? with windows installers Agg and TkAgg should work without
install any requirements or not?
Thanks

Todd Miller

Federico said:
Hi, I'm using python 2.2 under windows...when I use the 'Agg ' backend it
works fine but when I try to use the 'TkAgg' one I've an error message that
says :
"import tkagg # Paint image to Tk photo blitter extension
File "D:\PYTHON~1.3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\tkagg.py", line
1, in ?
import _tkagg
ImportError: DLL load failed: " impossible to find the specified procedure

It's not just you... I develop the TkAgg backend with Python 2.3 (on
Linux and Solaris and win32) and didn't test the 2.2 installer for
windows. TkAgg is apparently broken for Python-2.2 on windows.
What do I need?

Nothing. I think there's a bug in the way the tkagg backend is
currently built for Windows. The _tkagg.pyd file appears to be
dependent on Tcl/Tk 8.4 and I think for Python-2.2 it needs 8.3.

If you're willing to upgrade to Python-2.3, you can have matplotlib with
TkAgg today.

Regards,
Todd Miller