    What do I need? with windows installers Agg and TkAgg should work without
    install any requirements or not?
    Thanks
    Federico, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Federico

    Todd Miller Guest

    Federico wrote:
    > Hi, I'm using python 2.2 under windows...when I use the 'Agg ' backend it
    > works fine but when I try to use the 'TkAgg' one I've an error message that
    > says :
    > "import tkagg # Paint image to Tk photo blitter extension
    > File "D:\PYTHON~1.3\Lib\site-packages\matplotlib\backends\tkagg.py", line
    > 1, in ?
    > import _tkagg
    > ImportError: DLL load failed: " impossible to find the specified procedure

    It's not just you... I develop the TkAgg backend with Python 2.3 (on
    Linux and Solaris and win32) and didn't test the 2.2 installer for
    windows. TkAgg is apparently broken for Python-2.2 on windows.

    > What do I need?

    Nothing. I think there's a bug in the way the tkagg backend is
    currently built for Windows. The _tkagg.pyd file appears to be
    dependent on Tcl/Tk 8.4 and I think for Python-2.2 it needs 8.3.

    If you're willing to upgrade to Python-2.3, you can have matplotlib with
    TkAgg today.

    Regards,
    Todd Miller
    Todd Miller, Apr 19, 2004