Matplotlib w/ TK Backend.

Kenneth Miller

Hello All,

I need a python module to do real time graphs so I chose Matplotlib. I
am trying to compile matplotlib at the moment and I have some problems,
well not really. It compiles fine, it's how it compiles that's the
problem. I am attempting to build it with the Tkinter backend as opposed
to the GTK+ backend. Whenever I build, install, and then try to import I
receive an error stating that my version of PyGTK needs to be updated.
Logically it shouldnt be looking for PyGTK if it is using the TKinter
backend? Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,
Kenneth Miller

Robert Kern

Kenneth said:
Hello All,

I need a python module to do real time graphs so I chose Matplotlib. I
am trying to compile matplotlib at the moment and I have some problems,
well not really. It compiles fine, it's how it compiles that's the
problem. I am attempting to build it with the Tkinter backend as opposed
to the GTK+ backend. Whenever I build, install, and then try to import I
receive an error stating that my version of PyGTK needs to be updated.
Logically it shouldnt be looking for PyGTK if it is using the TKinter
backend? Any help would be appreciated.

A. You will get better help on the matplotlib mailing list.
B. Have you edited your .matplotlibrc to use the TkAgg backend?

--
Robert Kern
(e-mail address removed)

-- Richard Harter