Matts Form Mail help - Redirect & Submit button in body of email

shane

I am redirecting the person to a confirmation page and sending the
results to an email address. The problem is the redirect string and
the Submit button show up in the body of the email. What am I doing
wrong. Below is the script.

I changed the actual site name and email address change to protect
their identity.

<form action="http://www.myurlhere.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi"
method=post
<input type=hidden name=recipient value="(e-mail address removed)">
<input type=hidden name="subject" value="Course Registration">
<input type=hidden name="redirect"
value="http://www.myurlhere.com/form_confirmation.htm">
<input type="text" name="Email" size="20" tabindex="7">
<input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></form>

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) (shane) wrote in
I am redirecting the person to a confirmation page and sending the
results to an email address. The problem is the redirect string and
the Submit button show up in the body of the email. What am I doing
wrong. Below is the script. ....
<form action="http://www.myurlhere.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi"
method=post

add a ">" at the end of this line and try again.
name="B2"></form>

shane

That didn't work. It just put ">" on my form. Here is the line again.

<input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p>
</form>

A. Sinan Unur

(e-mail address removed) (shane) wrote in
That didn't work. It just put ">" on my form. Here is the line again.

tabindex="9"> <input type="reset" value="Reset" name="B2"></p>
</form>

Well, my ooooops. I accidentally included the "name="B2"></form>". I was
actually referring to your <form> opening tag just above my comment. So,
add the closing ">" to the end of your form tag. This is how it appears
in your HTML right now:

<form action="http://www.myurlhere.com/cgi-sys/FormMail.cgi"
method=post
^ need closing ">" here.

Hope this is clearer.

Sinan.

Alan J. Flavell

That didn't work.

The indications are that you need to learn HTML. You don't learn that
on comp.lang.perl.misc.

What you _could_ learn on comp.lang.perl.misc is its posting
guidelines[1], many of which will stand you in good stead on any
technical Usenet group, including comp.infosystems.www.authoring.html
(that might be a hint).

Matt's CGI scripts are _not_ a good place to start. Some of them have
finally been tamed to the point where they're not actually a security
disaster, but they don't apply current best-practice in Perl
programming, not by a long chalk. Have you looked at
http://nms-cgi.sourceforge.net/ yet?

good luck

[1] also available at