maven test-resources

ilkinulas

Hi,
I am using maven2 and trying to add a directory to the test classpath.
test-resources in the pom.xml is not appended to the test-classpath.
Here's what maven prints when run with -X flag.

[DEBUG] Test Classpath :
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/CVSHOME/DiameterPlatform/
CreditControlApplication/target/classes
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/CVSHOME/DiameterPlatform/
CreditControlApplication/target/test-classes
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-
beans/2.0.6/spring-beans-2.0.6.jar
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/.m2/repository/aopalliance/aopalliance/1.0/
aopalliance-1.0.jar
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/.m2/repository/org/springframework/spring-
dao/2.0.6/spring-dao-2.0.6.jar
[DEBUG] /home/ilkinulas/.m2/repository/junit/junit/3.8.1/
junit-3.8.1.jar

And in the pom.xml test resources is declared as follows:
<build>
<testResources>
<testResource>
<directory>code/testresources</directory>
</testResource>
</testResources>

What else I can do to add a custom folder to the test classpath?

thanks...

--ilkin

Owen Jacobson

[...]

Resources are copied to the 'classes' or 'test-classes' directory as
appropriate, not used from their original location in the source tree,
for Java projects. If you absolutely need to add another element to
the test classpath, maven-surefire-plugin has an option named
additionalClasspathElements, which takes a list of path elements to
add to the classpath:

<plugin>
<configuration>
<additionalClasspathElements>
<element>code/testresources</element>
</additionalClasspathElements>
</configuration>
</plugin>

However, before you do this, you should really consider working with,
rather than across, maven's defaults and store your test resources in
src/test/resources, and let maven-resources-plugin copy them to target/
test-classes during the build.

-o