s[3] = "string 3";
s[4] = "string 4";
s[5] = "string 5";
s[6] = "string 6";
s[7] = "string 7";
s[8] = "string 8";
s[9] = "string 9";
s[10] = "string 10";

and I want to display them in a table using a Repeater(?) like this:

"string 0" "string 1" "string 2" "string 3" "string 4"
"string 5" "string 6" "string 7" "string 8" "string 9";
"string 10"

Is something like this possible with a Repeater? How? Example?

TIA
Brian W

Natty Gur

Hi,

Yes it possible but with DataList:

you need to add lable to your DataList and bind it to container
dataitem. then set your array as DataList datasource and bind array to
DataList:

Page ASPX file :

<asp:DataList id="DataList2" style="Z-INDEX: 106; LEFT: 219px; POSITION:
absolute; TOP: 270px"
runat="server" Height="82" Width="231" RepeatDirection="Horizontal"
RepeatColumns="4">
<ItemTemplate>
<asp:Label id=Label1 runat="server" Text='<%#
DataBinder.Eval(Container, "DataItem") %>'>
</asp:Label>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>

page code behind :

string[] s = new string[11];
s[0] = "string 0";
s[1] = "string 1";
s[2] = "string 2";
s[3] = "string 3";
s[4] = "string 4";
s[5] = "string 5";
s[6] = "string 6";
s[7] = "string 7";
s[8] = "string 8";
s[9] = "string 9";
s[10] = "string 10";

this.DataList2.DataSource = s;
DataList2.DataBind();

Natty Gur[MVP]

blog : http://weblogs.asp.net/ngur
Mobile: +972-(0)58-888377

Jeffrey Tan[MSFT]

Hi Brian,

Based on my understanding, you want to display a string array every 5 items
per row in a table in Asp.net.

Instead of using Repeater control, I think DataList may be more suitable
for you. Do like this:

string [] arr=new string[11];
for(int i=0;i<11;i++)
{
arr="string"+i;
}
this.DataList1.DataSource=arr;
this.DataList1.DataBind();
}

<asp:DataList id="DataList1" RepeatColumns="5" RepeatDirection="Horizontal">
<ItemTemplate>
<%# Container.DataItem.ToString()%>
</ItemTemplate>
</asp:DataList>