max value for sessionState mode="InProc" timeout?

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by --alec, Jun 24, 2004.

  1. --alec

    --alec Guest

    Is there a maximum recommended value for setting the timeout value in
    web.config section <sessionState
    mode="InProc"
    timeout="20"
    />

    What are the possible repercussions of setting this value to high?

    I have a user base whose job tasks require them at times to open a asp.net
    page and ignore it for extended periods of time. The default value of 20 is
    causing problems so I need to increase it but have no known max value so I
    would like to set it so that timing out becomes a very remote possibility.
    One post here has suggested 24 hours (timeout="1440"). But I do not wish to
    create further issues with too high a value.

    Thanks

    --
    Pluralitas non est ponenda sine neccesitate - William of Okham
    --alec, Jun 24, 2004