max-width any way of replicating this in IE?

Gav

I am experimenting with a 3 column layout with 3 divs (left right & center)
within a wrapper div which is centered. I am trying to prevent the wrapper
from being too wide without fixing it to a specific size, in firefox the
max-width does a great job of this but it does not work in IE. Is there
another way I can do this?

thanks

Gav

patrick j

I am experimenting with a 3 column layout with 3 divs (left right & center)
within a wrapper div which is centered. I am trying to prevent the wrapper
from being too wide without fixing it to a specific size, in firefox the
max-width does a great job of this but it does not work in IE. Is there
another way I can do this?

I've found max-width now works in IE 7.

For IE 6 there is perhaps this possibility:

<http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/>

but I've not tried it and of course I don't know how it would work in
your situation.

Bergamot

patrick said:
I've found max-width now works in IE 7.

Except don't use it on list elements (ol, ul or li). The list marker
positioning gets totally out of whack, or at least it did on the last
release candidate.