    another way I can do this?

    thanks

    Gav

    Gav, Nov 3, 2006

  2. Gav

    patrick j Guest

    On Fri, 3 Nov 2006 12:36:49 +0000, Gav wrote
    (in article <454b3666$0$23021$>):

    > I am experimenting with a 3 column layout with 3 divs (left right & center)
    > within a wrapper div which is centered. I am trying to prevent the wrapper
    > from being too wide without fixing it to a specific size, in firefox the
    > max-width does a great job of this but it does not work in IE. Is there
    > another way I can do this?

    I've found max-width now works in IE 7.

    For IE 6 there is perhaps this possibility:

    <http://www.svendtofte.com/code/max_width_in_ie/>

    but I've not tried it and of course I don't know how it would work in
    your situation.

    --
    Patrick
    Brighton, UK

    <http://www.patrickjames.me.uk>

    patrick j, Nov 3, 2006

  3. Gav

    Bergamot Guest

    patrick j wrote:

    > I've found max-width now works in IE 7.

    Except don't use it on list elements (ol, ul or li). The list marker
    positioning gets totally out of whack, or at least it did on the last
    release candidate.

    --
    Berg

    Bergamot, Nov 3, 2006