maximal set of info I can learn about user & browser?

Rex

Hi,
If someone has turned off Java, what is the maximal set
of info I can learn about a user, his computer & browser?

Also, how can I detect whether Java is disabled?
Thanks.

cwdjrxyz

Rex said:
Hi,
If someone has turned off Java, what is the maximal set
of info I can learn about a user, his computer & browser?

Also, how can I detect whether Java is disabled?

Did you have Javascript in mind? Java is a different language. If you
mean Javascript, I guess you could write a message on the page to have
the user email or phone you if they can read the message and write a
little program to hide the message when Javascript is on :) . Usually
script is used to detect what a browser supports and to adjust code in
light of what is supported - not report back to you what is supported.
.. Because a few turn script off or pull an ancient old computer out of
the closet when their main one breaks down, it is nice not to use
script for very critical portions of your page when you can avoid it.