    browser when you've clicked a hyperlink that has a target of '_blank'?

    Thanks.

    Ross
    Ross Culver, Aug 30, 2007

  2. Hi,

    Ross Culver wrote:
    > This is an embarrasingly simple question, but how do you maximize the
    > browser when you've clicked a hyperlink that has a target of '_blank'?
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > Ross

    You cannot, and it would be quite rude to do that anyway. I have
    1920x1200 on two screens. You think I really want your page to take all
    that space?

    HTH,
    Laurent
    --
    Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]
    Software engineering, Blog: http://www.galasoft.ch
    Laurent Bugnion, MVP, Aug 30, 2007

  3. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    Laurent,

    I appreciate what you're saying. I wouldn't maximize the browser for every
    hyperlink. But in some case, like this one, it's a true web application: an
    order entry system, where opening a new browser is like opening a new window
    in a Windows application. Users don't want to have to maximize the screen
    everytime they open this application.

    But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

    Thanks,

    Ross

    Ross Culver, Aug 30, 2007
  4. "Ross Culver" <> wrote in message

    > But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

    It can be done fairly easily but, as Laurent says, will achieve nothing
    other than to really irritate your users...

    --
    Mark Rae
    ASP.NET MVP
    Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 30, 2007
  5. The code is probably just this:

    <a target="_blank" href="javascript:window.moveTo(0,0);
    window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height);location.href
    ='http://www.microsoft.com'">Click me</a>

    Doesn't mean its a good idea though - not a good user experience to do this!

    Regards

    John Timney (MVP)
    http://www.johntimney.com
    http://www.johntimney.com/blog

    John Timney \(MVP\), Aug 30, 2007
  6. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    You don't know my users.

    So, how is that done?

    Ross Culver, Aug 30, 2007
  7. Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 30, 2007
  8. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    Perfect! Thanks, again, Mark. I thank you, my users thank you.

    Ross Culver, Aug 31, 2007
  9. Ross Culver

    Larry Bud Guest

    On Aug 30, 4:23 pm, "John Timney \(MVP\)"
    <> wrote:
    > The code is probably just this:
    >
    > <a target="_blank" href="javascript:window.moveTo(0,0);
    > window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height);location.href
    > ='http://www.microsoft.com'">Click me</a>
    >
    > Doesn't mean its a good idea though - not a good user experience to do this!

    I don't necessarily agree. If Ross is writing an app in which the
    only thing the CSRs do is order entry, it's a perfectly good solution,
    IMO.
    Larry Bud, Aug 31, 2007
  10. OK, I can accept that - but if thats the case it may be better to put the
    browser in Kiosk mode and be done with it

    John Timney \(MVP\), Aug 31, 2007
  11. Ross Culver

    Ross Culver Guest

    John,
    What exactly do you mean by 'kiosk mode'?
    Ross

    Ross Culver, Aug 31, 2007
  12. Mark Rae [MVP], Aug 31, 2007