Maximizing the Browser

Ross Culver

This is an embarrasingly simple question, but how do you maximize the
browser when you've clicked a hyperlink that has a target of '_blank'?

Thanks.

Ross

Laurent Bugnion, MVP

Hi,

Ross said:
This is an embarrasingly simple question, but how do you maximize the
browser when you've clicked a hyperlink that has a target of '_blank'?

Thanks.

Ross

You cannot, and it would be quite rude to do that anyway. I have
1920x1200 on two screens. You think I really want your page to take all
that space?

HTH,
Laurent

Ross Culver

Laurent,

I appreciate what you're saying. I wouldn't maximize the browser for every
hyperlink. But in some case, like this one, it's a true web application: an
order entry system, where opening a new browser is like opening a new window
in a Windows application. Users don't want to have to maximize the screen
everytime they open this application.

But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

Thanks,

Ross

Laurent Bugnion said:
Hi,

--
Laurent Bugnion [MVP ASP.NET]
Software engineering, Blog: http://www.galasoft.ch

Mark Rae [MVP]

But if it can't be done, it can't be done.

It can be done fairly easily but, as Laurent says, will achieve nothing
other than to really irritate your users...

Ross Culver

You don't know my users.

So, how is that done?

Mark Rae said:
It can be done fairly easily but, as Laurent says, will achieve nothing
other than to really irritate your users...

Larry Bud

The code is probably just this:

<a target="_blank" href="javascript:window.moveTo(0,0);
window.resizeTo(screen.width,screen.height);location.href
='http://www.microsoft.com'">Click me</a>

Doesn't mean its a good idea though - not a good user experience to do this!

I don't necessarily agree. If Ross is writing an app in which the
only thing the CSRs do is order entry, it's a perfectly good solution,
IMO.