  1. Mortar

    Mortar Guest

    anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?

    Mortar, Jan 24, 2005

  2. Mortar

    Toby Inkster Guest

    Mortar wrote:

    > anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?

    Twelve.

    HTH

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby Inkster, Jan 25, 2005

  3. Mortar

    Guest

    Mortar wrote:
    > anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?

    11.

    --
    Hywel

    , Jan 25, 2005
  4. Mortar

    rf Guest

    "Toby Inkster" <> wrote
    > Mortar wrote:
    >
    > > anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?

    > Twelve.

    42

    rf, Jan 25, 2005
  5. Jukka K. Korpela, Jan 25, 2005
  6. Mortar

    Sid Ismail Guest

    On Tue, 25 Jan 2005 10:29:43 +0000 (UTC), "Jukka K. Korpela"
    <> wrote:

    : "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:
    :
    : > "Toby Inkster" <> wrote
    : >> Mortar wrote:
    : >>
    : >> > anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?
    : >>
    : >> Twelve.
    : >
    : > 42
    :
    : I double (for takeout).

    Redouble! :)

    Sid

    Sid Ismail, Jan 25, 2005
  7. Mortar

    rf Guest

    "Mortar" <> wrote

    > anyone know the maximum characters that a hidden text field can have?

    Having been outclassed (as in doubled) by Mr Korpella <g/> I will now give
    you the correct answer.

    Answer: It depends.

    If you are using method="get" then you will run into limitations of either
    your browser or your server and these limitations are from about 256 to 4096
    or whatever bytes and who actualy knows, it depends on the length of the URL
    that either will handle.

    If you are using method="post" then theoritically there is no limit,
    except... well who knows.

    BTW Why do you ask? If you are sending down a hidden text field that is
    large enough to break some limit then your design is broken.

    rf, Jan 25, 2005
  8. Mortar

    rf Guest

    "Jukka K. Korpela" <> wrote
    > "rf" <rf@.invalid> wrote:

    > > 42

    > I double (for takeout).

    That would surely be the answer to two universal questions.

    rf, Jan 25, 2005