Maximum Characters per Website

Christian Gröbner [MVP]

Hello Friends,

I'm currently sitting here and don't know how to fix this problem. I've
written a webapplication where you can fill out several forms. For each form
I have created a website where you can fill out this form. Some of these
formulars are dynamic, so I have inserted a table, which can be expanded by
clicking a button.

Now my problem comes. If I have added some tablerows I can insert the text
but if I click the save button, which calls a procedure, nothings happens.
Now I found out that this has something to do with the amount of Characters
in all the textboxes. If I open the website I can save it, but if I add one
character I can't anymore. And now the funny thing :) I choose some textbox
of the website an delete a character I can save again, but I can only add as
many characters as I delete.

So there must be a limitation in maximum characters per website. The thing I
have already tried is to limit the textboxes mit maxlength, but that doesn't
really helped me much.

Is there limitation in characters and how can I size this one up?

Greetings from Germany

Christian

--
Christian Gröbner
MVP ISA Server

Das ISA 2004 Handbuch - http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Christian Gröbner [MVP]

Hi,

thanks for your advice, but I have configured my web.config like in that
article, but I didn't gave me any advantages.

Any more suggestions?

Greetrings from Germany

Christian

--
Christian Gröbner
MVP ISA Server
Hilfe & Infos rund um den ISA Server: http://www.msisafaq.de

Das ISA 2004 Handbuch - http://www.msisafaq.de/buch/

Trevor Benedict R

1. Do you have a Try..Catch Block and if so what are you doing with the
Error.
2. When you say that you are not able to save, does the Form Postback while
not saving the new changes.
3. Are you using the HTML INPUT type or the TEXTAREA tag. Could you confirm
this with the ViewState
4. Do you have any Client Side code that validates the data that could
possibly return a False before the postback.
5. What browser are you using to test it.
6. What version of ASP.NET
7. Do you have any other application that are working fine on the same
server.
8. Is there anything in the Eventlog
9. What about the IIS Log file. Do you see a postback happening.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R

Christian Gröbner [MVP]

Hello,

thanks for your help :)
1. Do you have a Try..Catch Block and if so what are you doing with the
Error.

Sure all my code is in Try..Catch Blocks. So if there would be an error I
would have seen it.
2. When you say that you are not able to save, does the Form Postback
while not saving the new changes.

No, there is no postback. If everything works fine there is one.
3. Are you using the HTML INPUT type or the TEXTAREA tag. Could you
confirm this with the ViewState

4. Do you have any Client Side code that validates the data that could
possibly return a False before the postback.
No.

5. What browser are you using to test it.

IE 6
7. Do you have any other application that are working fine on the same
server.

Sure round about 10 ohter websites
8. Is there anything in the Eventlog
Nothing to be mentioned.
9. What about the IIS Log file. Do you see a postback happening.

Haven't looked at it now.

Greetings from Germany

Christian

Trevor Benedict R

Are you using Smart Navigation. If you have it enabled, then I would ask you
to disable Smart Navigation and then try to do a ViewSource and study the
client side code that you have and let us know if you see anything funny. I
created a test page with text box and pasted as much data as possible, but
the page errored out during postback. In your case you don't even have a
postback. I would suspect that it is definitely a client side issue Some
code would be very useful.

Regards,

Trevor Benedict R