maximum input buffer length exceeded: 1048576

Raquel Marques

Hello, when I run a script in perl, it returns the above message.
Any ideas how can I solve this problem .

Thanks

Raquel Marques

Vlad Tepes

Raquel Marques said:
Hello, when I run a script in perl, it returns the above message.
Any ideas how can I solve this problem .

http://www.google.com/search?q=maximum+buffer+perl+1048576

First hit has the answer: You probably have trouble with newlines.
Perl reads line by line, and has encountered a line that is over 1 MB.

Things you can try: (1) Convert the file to proper lineendings (this
depends on your platform), (2) read in smaller chunks of the file with
read(), or (3) alter the input record separator ( $/, see perldoc
perlvar ).