    Any ideas how can I solve this problem .

    Thanks

    Raquel Marques

    Raquel Marques, Sep 5, 2003

  2. Raquel Marques

    Vlad Tepes Guest

    Raquel Marques <> wrote:

    > Hello, when I run a script in perl, it returns the above message.
    > Any ideas how can I solve this problem .

    http://www.google.com/search?q=maximum+buffer+perl+1048576

    First hit has the answer: You probably have trouble with newlines.
    Perl reads line by line, and has encountered a line that is over 1 MB.

    Things you can try: (1) Convert the file to proper lineendings (this
    depends on your platform), (2) read in smaller chunks of the file with
    read(), or (3) alter the input record separator ( $/, see perldoc
    perlvar ).

    --
    Vlad

    Vlad Tepes, Sep 5, 2003