Maximum memory for ASP.NET worker process

Guest

We have an application that runs out of memory on our client environment runs
when executing a rather large crystal reports ( about 400000 records) spread
over several 1000 pages. The current production server has about 4GB RAM. Is
there any benefit in increasing this to 6GB so that we can increase the
memory used by ASP.NET or is there a 2GB limit on the memory that a Win32
process can use.
Thanks in advance.

Mark Fitzpatrick

Increasing the memory to 6 GB on the server won't help because 4 GB is the
maximum for addressable memory for Win32. You would have to go to Win 64 in
order to add more memory to the server configuration.

Guest

Thanks for your quick reply.

--

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick

bruce barker

if its a dedicated iis box, you can try running with the /3gb switch,
which would allow the asp.net to use up to 3gb.

you should also check what your current max memory is set to.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)