    memory used by ASP.NET or is there a 2GB limit on the memory that a Win32
    process can use.
    Thanks in advance.
    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?=, Nov 13, 2007

  2. Increasing the memory to 6 GB on the server won't help because 4 GB is the
    maximum for addressable memory for Win32. You would have to go to Win 64 in
    order to add more memory to the server configuration.

    --

    Hope this helps,
    Mark Fitzpatrick

    Mark Fitzpatrick, Nov 13, 2007

  3. Thanks for your quick reply.

    =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?=, Nov 13, 2007
  4. =?Utf-8?B?RnJhbmsxMjEz?=

    bruce barker Guest

    if its a dedicated iis box, you can try running with the /3gb switch,
    which would allow the asp.net to use up to 3gb.

    you should also check what your current max memory is set to.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 13, 2007