    Thanks for the help.

    Linda

    , May 3, 2007

  2. Egghead Guest

    Can not help it, but your developer get some problems.
    You can change the number of reponse to any number, just the default is 2.

    --
    cheers,
    RL

    Egghead, May 3, 2007

  3. bruce barker Guest

    to prevent overloading a web server, the browser and the runtime limit
    themselves to 2 simultaneous connections. in the web.config you can up
    this limit:

    <system.net>
    <connectionManagement>
    <add address="*" maxconnections="10">
    </connectionManagement>
    </system.net>

    if your webservice is asp.net based and uses session, it will be limited
    to one processing request per session.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, May 3, 2007

    I modified the config file from my webservice (service1). I got the
    following error message after change:

    "Thread was being aborted.
    Error Source: mscorlib
    Error InnerException:
    Error TargetSite: Boolean WaitOneNative(IntPtr, UInt32, Boolean)
    Error StackTrace: at
    System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOneNative(IntPtr waitHandle, UInt32
    millisecondsTimeout, Boolean exitContext)
    at System.Threading.WaitHandle.WaitOne(Int32 millisecondsTimeout,
    Boolean exitContext)
    at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetRequestStream()
    at
    methodName, Object[] parameters)
    ..."

    Any idea?

    Linda

    bruce barker wrote:
    > to prevent overloading a web server, the browser and the runtime limit
    > themselves to 2 simultaneous connections. in the web.config you can up
    > this limit:
    >
    > <system.net>
    > <connectionManagement>
    > <add address="*" maxconnections="10">
    > </connectionManagement>
    > </system.net>
    >

    > if your webservice is asp.net based and uses session, it will be limited
    > to one processing request per session.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
    > > webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
    > > requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
    > > all the request information into a database. The request will be
    > > picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.
    > >
    > > The response is very slow if we have many requests.
    > >
    > > The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
    > > call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
    > > requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
    > > Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
    > > service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
    > > calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
    > > out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
    > > time?
    > >
    > > Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
    > > find out when my machine actually send out the requests?
    > >
    > > Thanks for the help.
    > >
    > > Linda

    , May 3, 2007

    bruce barker wrote:
    > to prevent overloading a web server, the browser and the runtime limit
    > themselves to 2 simultaneous connections. in the web.config you can up
    > this limit:
    >
    > <system.net>
    > <connectionManagement>
    > <add address="*" maxconnections="10">
    > </connectionManagement>
    > </system.net>
    >

    > if your webservice is asp.net based and uses session, it will be limited
    > to one processing request per session.
    >
    > -- bruce (sqlwork.com)
    >

    > wrote:
    > > Hi all,
    > >
    > > We have a webservice (service1), which calls another
    > > webservice(service2) from another orginization. Our end users make
    > > requests throught service1. When service2 receives a quest, it puts
    > > all the request information into a database. The request will be
    > > picked up from a sheduler which is installed in 8 different servers.
    > >
    > > The response is very slow if we have many requests.
    > >
    > > The developer of service2 told me that no matter how many requests we
    > > call from our service1, Service2 machine only receive/process 2
    > > requests each time. This means only maximum 2 schedulers are used.
    > > Currently we can't figure out which end creates this problem. Does
    > > service1 only send 2 requests each time (our log shows we did make our
    > > calls on time, but don't know when the machine actually send them
    > > out)? or Service2 only received 2 requests from a same IP at the same
    > > time?
    > >
    > > Does any value we can set in the configure file to fix this? How do I
    > > find out when my machine actually send out the requests?
    > >
    > > Thanks for the help.
    > >
    > > Linda

    , May 3, 2007

    I modified the machine.config, set the max connection to 10, also
    increase the number of free threads. It works.

    Thanks for all the help.

    Linda

    , May 3, 2007