    2000 service pack 4, should have a lot memory for 100 concurrent users,
    and processor never goes more that 40% in rush hours.

    Edgardo

    Edgardo Sepulveda, Nov 9, 2004

  2. Hello,

    If you are getting a timeout error that is different than running out of
    sessions. The default timeout for sessions is 20 minutes and is configured in
    your web.config file.

    <sessionState mode="InProc" stateConnectionString="tcpip=127.0.0.1:42424"
    sqlConnectionString="data source=127.0.0.1;Trusted_Connection=yes"
    cookieless="false" timeout="20" />

    If you are in fact running out of sessions you can increase the number
    through the IIS admin tool. On the Web Site tab in the Properties window
    there is a area for connections. I believe the default is Unlimited but you
    might have it set to "Limited to".

    Hope this helps.

    =?Utf-8?B?RU5JWklO?=, Nov 9, 2004

  3. Thanks for your response, the strange thing is that i have setup de
    timeout time, to 10 minutes, but my visitors in a lot of cases, are
    getting a page that i have when the session has timeout, a couple minutes
    after they login, i have tryed my self and its weird, suddlently, im
    navigating on the website, and ti get the timeout page, i have around 30
    sessions per user, and i thing that might be the problem, but i can t find
    out why?

    Any suggestion?

    Thanks for your time

    Edgardo

    Edgardo Sepulveda, Nov 9, 2004
  4. Edgardo Sepulveda

    bruce barker Guest

    check the event log for asp.net recycling - this will happen if you use too
    much memory. a recycle will clear all inproc sessions.

    -- bruce (sqlwork.com)

    bruce barker, Nov 9, 2004
  5. Thanks Bruce, i just checked my Log and it show something wierd, 100's of
    this kind of errors (every 10 minutes)

    Source "Usernenv"
    Event Id 1000

    Windows cannot unload your registry file.
    If you have a roaming profile, your settings are not replicated.
    Contact your administrator.

    DETAIL - Access is denied. , Build number ((2195)).

    Can this be the cause of the premature timeouts?
    BTW i was in the server console when the timeouts where happening and the
    memory didnt when more than 30% on the task manager.

    Thanks for your help

    Edgardo Sepulveda, Nov 9, 2004