maximum size of ArrayList

Armin Preis

Is an ArrayList limited to a number of 258 elements? (in my case Characters)

As adding more than 258 elements to an ArrayList brings up an

Hope you can help me.

Regards,
Armin Preis

Gordon Beaton

Is an ArrayList limited to a number of 258 elements? (in my case Characters)

As adding more than 258 elements to an ArrayList brings up an

Hope you can help me.

Even if there were a hardcoded limit, 258 would be a ridiculously low
value for it.

There must be something wrong with your code. Post a short, complete
example that causes the exception.

Most likely you've specified an incorrect index.

/gordon

Armin Preis

Gordon said:
Even if there were a hardcoded limit, 258 would be a ridiculously low
value for it.

That's what I thought too.
There must be something wrong with your code. Post a short, complete
example that causes the exception.

Most likely you've specified an incorrect index.

You're absolutely right.

Thank you!

Regards,
Armin Preis