    not exist". All my files are in the same folder. Does this mean that you
    cant have nested packages? Any help would be greatly appreciated, my
    grades really heavily on this!

    confused555, Oct 17, 2004

  2. "confused555" <> writes:

    > I'm using Maxplus and having issues when compiling packages. Packages are
    > found correctly however when I get a third level file to call a package
    > when then calls a package of its own, the third pcakge apparently "does
    > not exist". All my files are in the same folder. Does this mean that you
    > cant have nested packages? Any help would be greatly appreciated, my
    > grades really heavily on this!

    I seem to recall you have to manually compile the packages yourself
    before compiling your top-level VHDL. At least last time I did VHDL
    in Max pluss II (which was a few years ago) that was the case. And
    unless the MP2 VHDL compiler has gotten any better I would give it a
    miss as it produced quite a lot of buggy output when we tried it - we
    ended up going back to AHDL!

    Cheers,
    Martin

    --