may I ask for comments on code?

Geoff Cox

Hello,

I wonder if this is possible?

I have some code which works but would appreciate comments with a view
to improving the code - appropriate to post it and ask for comments?

Cheers

Geoff

Randy Webb

Geoff Cox said the following on 10/14/2005 6:13 PM:
Hello,

I wonder if this is possible?

Anything is possible but not everything is realistic :)
I have some code which works but would appreciate comments with a view
to improving the code - appropriate to post it and ask for comments?

A URL is preferred unless it is short code.

If you do post it, make sure you hand format it so that it does not
exceed about 70 characters per line. Once you have it formatted that
way, before you post, copy/paste it back into a test page and make sure
your formatting hasn't caused an unintended error.

Geoff Cox

A URL is preferred unless it is short code.

Randy,

OK - will give it a whirl !

The URL is

http://www.micro-active.com/spa-test/spa-ng-front.htm

The first page linsk to a second where most of the Javascript is to be
found.

The slider code is in a file called slider.js which is in the same
folder and can be downloaded if required ...

After the last questions have been answered the slider values are
emailed to me using formmail-nms.cgi.

Look forward to hearing of any (many!) possible improvemenst etc.

Cheers

Geoff

PS I will add this in a separate posting aswell.

Geoff Cox

first page the slider thumb is in the middle of the screen - have you tested
this on different screen reolutions ?

Zoe,

no but will do now! it is OK in v6 IE for me.
What are the questions ? You have a title and a list of possible responses
but I see no questions.

perhaps a bad choice of words of mine - you should see a series of
polar statements, eg on the first one has

"I would often be in this situation" and

"I would hardly ever be in this situation"

Questions is not the correct word - will change it later.

Any thoughts on any aspects of the Javascript itself?

Thanks

Geoff

Geoff Cox

first page the slider thumb is in the middle of the screen - have you tested
this on different screen reolutions ?

Zoe,

It seems to me that the thumb is in the correct position if the
browser window is maximised - do you find that?

Geoff

Geoff Cox

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:13:51 GMT, Geoff Cox

Thanks for the comments - will remove the pages now.

Cheers

Geoff