    to improving the code - appropriate to post it and ask for comments?

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Oct 14, 2005

  2. Geoff Cox

    Randy Webb Guest

    Geoff Cox said the following on 10/14/2005 6:13 PM:

    > Hello,
    >
    > I wonder if this is possible?

    Anything is possible but not everything is realistic :)

    > I have some code which works but would appreciate comments with a view
    > to improving the code - appropriate to post it and ask for comments?

    A URL is preferred unless it is short code.

    If you do post it, make sure you hand format it so that it does not
    exceed about 70 characters per line. Once you have it formatted that
    way, before you post, copy/paste it back into a test page and make sure
    your formatting hasn't caused an unintended error.

    --
    Randy

    Randy Webb, Oct 14, 2005

  3. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 18:58:56 -0400, Randy Webb
    <> wrote:

    >> I have some code which works but would appreciate comments with a view
    >> to improving the code - appropriate to post it and ask for comments?

    >A URL is preferred unless it is short code.

    Randy,

    OK - will give it a whirl !

    The URL is

    http://www.micro-active.com/spa-test/spa-ng-front.htm

    The first page linsk to a second where most of the Javascript is to be
    found.

    The slider code is in a file called slider.js which is in the same
    folder and can be downloaded if required ...

    After the last questions have been answered the slider values are
    emailed to me using formmail-nms.cgi.

    Look forward to hearing of any (many!) possible improvemenst etc.

    Cheers

    Geoff

    PS I will add this in a separate posting aswell.

    Geoff Cox, Oct 15, 2005
  4. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Sat, 15 Oct 2005 15:58:23 GMT, "Zoe Brown"
    <> wrote:

    >> PS I will add this in a separate posting aswell.

    >first page the slider thumb is in the middle of the screen - have you tested
    >this on different screen reolutions ?

    Zoe,

    no but will do now! it is OK in v6 IE for me.

    >What are the questions ? You have a title and a list of possible responses
    >but I see no questions.

    perhaps a bad choice of words of mine - you should see a series of
    polar statements, eg on the first one has

    "I would often be in this situation" and

    "I would hardly ever be in this situation"

    Questions is not the correct word - will change it later.

    Any thoughts on any aspects of the Javascript itself?

    Thanks

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Oct 15, 2005
  5. Geoff Cox

    <> wrote:

    >> PS I will add this in a separate posting aswell.

    >first page the slider thumb is in the middle of the screen - have you tested
    >this on different screen reolutions ?

    Zoe,

    It seems to me that the thumb is in the correct position if the
    browser window is maximised - do you find that?

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Oct 15, 2005
  6. Geoff Cox

    Geoff Cox Guest

    On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 22:13:51 GMT, Geoff Cox
    <> wrote:

    Thanks for the comments - will remove the pages now.

    Cheers

    Geoff

    Geoff Cox, Oct 17, 2005