May Meeting of the Washington Area XML Users Group

Discussion in 'XML' started by Betty Harvey, May 9, 2007.

  1. Betty Harvey

    Betty Harvey Guest

    The next meeting of the XML Users Group will be held on Wednesday,
    May 16, 2007 at the American Geophysical Union (AGU) at 2000
    Florida Avenue, N.W., Washington, DC 20009-1277. The meeting starts
    at 7:00 p.m. and usually last approximately 2 hours. If attending
    the meeting by Metro, get off the Dupont Circle stop and walk
    north to Florida Avenue...turn right.

    There is no cost associated with attending but if you are planning on
    attending this meeting, please let us know so that we can give a list to
    AGU management. You can register at:

    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug/meeting-register.html

    May 16, 2007

    Jessica Glace, LMI

    XML Schema for the Exchange of Business Information

    My discussion will focus on the use of standardized W3C XML
    Schema for the exchange of business information. I'll
    introduce the concepts of vertical and horizontal business
    standards in the context of two organizations.the OpenTravel
    Alliance and UN/CEFACT respectively. I will provide an overview
    of the processes each group employs to create standards and
    share with you what I view as their best practices.

    June 2007

    David RR Webber, Gnossis

    July 2007

    Barry Schaeffer, X.Systems.Inc.

    Currently we need speakers for both the technical and vendor
    presentation portion of future meetings. If you would like
    to give a presentation at a future meeting, please send e-mail
    or call Betty Harvey (410) 787-9200. Share your knowledge and experience
    with others.

    Hope to see you there.

    Washington Area XML Users Group Web Site:
    http://www.eccnet.com/xmlug
    Electronic copies of papers supplied from speakers are
    available on-line.

    To subscribe to the Washington Area XML Users Group mailing
    list, go to http://www.eccnet.com/mailman/listinfo/dc-xmlusers.

    DIRECTIONS:

    From Connecticut Avenue north of AGU, make a left onto
    T Street (1 block before Florida Avenue). Drive one block,
    the entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your
    right.

    >From Connecticut Avenue of AGU, make your first right

    after Florida Avenue onto T Street. Drive one block. the
    entrance to Atlantic Garage North should be on your right.

    >From I-66

    - Continue east on I-66 to Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Bridge. This
    places you on Constitution Avenue.
    - Take a left on 18th Street, NW and head north. Continue north to
    Connecticut Avenue.
    - Turn left (North) on Connecticut Avenue to Florida Avenue.
    - Right on Florida Avenue. AGU is 1/2 block on the right at the
    corner of 20th & Florida Avenue.

    Betty Harvey | Phone: 410-787-9200 FAX: 9830
    Electronic Commerce Connection, Inc. |

    Betty Harvey, May 9, 2007