    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    "Troll" - (n.) Anything you don't like.
    Usage: "He's just a troll."

    Brandon J. Van Every, Apr 26, 2004

  2. Brandon J. Van Every

    Harald Massa Guest

    Harald Massa, Apr 26, 2004

  3. On Mon, 26 Apr 2004 08:52:32 +0200
    Harald Massa <> wrote:

    > > Anybody tried that? Progress or horror stories to tell?
    > >

    > "Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python"
    > http://www.pythonology.com/success&story=ilm
    >

    > I am sure, they also use maya.

    I suspect that this is in a similar way to us... In that Python is mainly used for scripting shell tools and GUIs - and not (as I suspect the original poster was asking) integrated into a Maya plugin...

    That said, I've recently been looking at something similar with Shake - some kind of wrapper between Shake and Python and then the core workings of the plugin to be done in Python....

    --
    Hugh Macdonald
    The Moving Picture Company

    Hugh Macdonald, Apr 26, 2004
  4. Harald Massa wrote:
    >> Anybody tried that? Progress or horror stories to tell?

    > "Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python"
    > http://www.pythonology.com/success&story=ilm
    >

    > I am sure, they also use maya.

    Hmm yes but that doesn't provide specific useful information. Also, just
    because they use Python for process control of rendering farms doesn't mean
    they use it for everything they do. Now, if only ILM had a public forum, or
    if some group had enough ILM people in it....

    --
    Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
    Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

    20% of the world is real.