Maya API with Python?

Brandon J. Van Every

Anybody tried that? Progress or horror stories to tell?

--
Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

"Troll" - (n.) Anything you don't like.
Usage: "He's just a troll."

Hugh Macdonald

"Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python"
http://www.pythonology.com/success&story=ilm

I am sure, they also use maya.

I suspect that this is in a similar way to us... In that Python is mainly used for scripting shell tools and GUIs - and not (as I suspect the original poster was asking) integrated into a Maya plugin...

That said, I've recently been looking at something similar with Shake - some kind of wrapper between Shake and Python and then the core workings of the plugin to be done in Python....

Brandon J. Van Every

Harald said:
"Industrial Light & Magic Runs on Python"
http://www.pythonology.com/success&story=ilm

I am sure, they also use maya.

Hmm yes but that doesn't provide specific useful information. Also, just
because they use Python for process control of rendering farms doesn't mean
they use it for everything they do. Now, if only ILM had a public forum, or
if some group had enough ILM people in it....

--
Cheers, www.indiegamedesign.com
Brandon Van Every Seattle, WA

20% of the world is real.