MayaVi install

Gib

I am trying to follow the instructions for installing MayaVi given on
the Enthought site:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/installation.html
I'm following the step-by-step instructions to install with eggs under
Windows. When I get to this point:
easy_install Sphinx EnvisageCore EnvisagePlugins configobj
Sphinx 0.6.3 is installed OK, but when envisagecore 3.1.1 is being
installed, after doing a few steps it fails with the message:
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

A search showed that vcvarsall.bat is where you might expect to find
it, in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
I'm not sure what to do now.

Robert Kern

I am trying to follow the instructions for installing MayaVi given on
the Enthought site:
http://code.enthought.com/projects/mayavi/docs/development/html/mayavi/installation.html
I'm following the step-by-step instructions to install with eggs under
Windows. When I get to this point:
easy_install Sphinx EnvisageCore EnvisagePlugins configobj
Sphinx 0.6.3 is installed OK, but when envisagecore 3.1.1 is being
installed, after doing a few steps it fails with the message:
error: Setup script exited with error: Unable to find vcvarsall.bat

A search showed that vcvarsall.bat is where you might expect to find
it, in
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC
I'm not sure what to do now.

Probably put that directory on your PATH. You will get better Mayavi support on
the enthought-dev mailing list:

Robert Kern

an underlying truth."
-- Umberto Eco