    made by four sheet that I can compose. Any suggestion? A Python
    suggestion would help me to stay on topic ;)

    Michele Simionato
    Michele Simionato, Apr 3, 2004

  2. [Michele]
    > Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had look browsing on the
    > net, so I thought I will try my chance here. I am looking for a
    > tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to make a poster.
    > For instance I want to convert a picture taking a sheet in a poster
    > made by four sheet that I can compose. Any suggestion? A Python
    > suggestion would help me to stay on topic ;)

    You don't mention your platform, but my printer driver (WinXP driver for
    the Samsumg ML-1210 laser printer) will do this itself for any document -
    have you had a good dig though your printer driver options?

    --
    Richie Hindle
    Richie Hindle, Apr 3, 2004

  3. "Richie Hindle" <> wrote in message

    > [Michele]
    > > Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had look browsing on the
    > > net, so I thought I will try my chance here. I am looking for a
    > > tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to make a poster.
    > > For instance I want to convert a picture taking a sheet in a poster
    > > made by four sheet that I can compose. Any suggestion? A Python
    > > suggestion would help me to stay on topic ;)

    > You don't mention your platform, but my printer driver (WinXP driver for
    > the Samsumg ML-1210 laser printer) will do this itself for any document -
    > have you had a good dig though your printer driver options?
    >
    > --
    > Richie Hindle

    If you have the raw Postscript file, you can simply add a line near the
    beginning that looks something like this:

    400 400 scale

    which will scale the image by 400%. It's been quite a while since I did
    Postscript programming so the example might not be 100% correct, but a bit
    of research will get you on the right track.

    It's not Python, but it'll work.

    Dan
    Daniel Ellison, Apr 3, 2004
  4. Michele Simionato

    Roger Binns Guest

    Michele Simionato wrote:
    > Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had look browsing on the
    > net, so I thought I will try my chance here. I am looking for a
    > tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to make a poster.

    Well, it was on topic enough for PyCon :)

    http://www.python.org/pycon/dc2004/papers/52/main.html

    Roger
    Roger Binns, Apr 3, 2004
  5. Michele Simionato

    Paul McGuire Guest

    "Michele Simionato" <> wrote in message
    > Perhaps this is a bit off topic, but I haven't had look browsing on the
    > net, so I thought I will try my chance here. I am looking for a
    > tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to make a poster.
    > For instance I want to convert a picture taking a sheet in a poster
    > made by four sheet that I can compose. Any suggestion? A Python
    > suggestion would help me to stay on topic ;)
    >

    > Michele Simionato

    Try the Rasterbator (not Python, uses Flash and Adobe):

    http://homokaasu.org/rasterbator/

    -- Paul
    Paul McGuire, Apr 4, 2004
  6. Jacek Generowicz, Apr 5, 2004
  7. Jacek Generowicz <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Michele Simionato) writes:
    >
    > > I am looking for a tool taking a postscript file and enlarging it to
    > > make a poster.

    > It's called "Postscript".
    >
    > You could start by looking here:
    >
    > http://www.cs.indiana.edu/docproject/programming/postscript/operators.html#scale

    What I do not understand is if the "scale" operator automatically splits
    the graph in many pages if it becomes too large. Anyway, I have found a way
    to get what I want from GraphViz, but I cannot check it since the printer
    died just today! :-(

    Michele Simionato
    Michele Simionato, Apr 5, 2004
  8. "Michele Simionato" <> wrote:
    > What I do not understand is if the "scale" operator automatically splits
    > the graph in many pages if it becomes too large.

    Probably not. As I said, it's been a few years, but I would suspect the
    "scale" operator simply scales the user coordinate system by the proportions
    given so that everything drawn after that command will be rendered
    accordingly. It's most likely the host application or utility that splits
    the image into multiple pages.

    Dan
    Daniel Ellison, Apr 6, 2004
  9. (Michele Simionato) writes:

    > What I do not understand is if the "scale" operator automatically splits
    > the graph in many pages if it becomes too large. Anyway, I have found a way

    It doesn't. If you really want to do it this way, create many copies
    of the scaled file and shift the relevant part into the paper using
    translate.

    The non-sucking method is to use the command poster(1) which comes
    with most linux distributions.

    Ralf
    --
    GS d->? s:++>+++ a+ C++++ UL+++ UH++ P++ L++ E+++ W- N++ o-- K- w--- !O M- V-
    PS+>++ PE Y+>++ PGP+ !t !5 !X !R !tv b+++ DI+++ D? G+ e++++ h+ r? y?
    Ralf Muschall, Apr 6, 2004
  10. Michele Simionato

    Jon Nicoll Guest

    Hi Michelle

    There was a PostScript program called 'poster' which came with the
    original PostScript 'Blue Book' of recipes. You prepended this to the
    beginning of your file and it did the scaling, translating and
    cropping etc.

    The code for 'poster', as well as other blue book examples, seems to
    be available here:

    http://www.science.uva.nl/~robbert/ps/bluebook/program_13.html

    Regards
    Jon N

    Jon Nicoll, Apr 6, 2004
  11. Ralf Muschall <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Michele Simionato) writes:
    >
    > > What I do not understand is if the "scale" operator automatically splits
    > > the graph in many pages if it becomes too large. Anyway, I have found a way

    > It doesn't. If you really want to do it this way, create many copies
    > of the scaled file and shift the relevant part into the paper using
    > translate.
    >
    > The non-sucking method is to use the command poster(1) which comes
    > with most linux distributions.
    >
    > Ralf

    Actually I do have "poster" installed and I didn't know!
    Thanks for the tip, it may turn out useful in the future.

    Michele
    Michele Simionato, Apr 6, 2004