MCAD/MCSD certificate testing: whats an acceptable exam score rate

.Net Sports

I'd like to take tests for MCAD and MCSD certificates soon, I'm
wondering out of a hypothetical 75 question test for each section (229,
305, etc), what is the acceptable percentage rate that I have to answer
questions correctly to pass the exam.

Craig Deelsnyder

..Net Sports said:
I'd like to take tests for MCAD and MCSD certificates soon, I'm
wondering out of a hypothetical 75 question test for each section (229,
305, etc), what is the acceptable percentage rate that I have to answer
questions correctly to pass the exam.

I believe most tests are scored at 700 being a passing grade (usually
out of 1000). Now I've heard that questions are possibly weighted, some
are worth more than others, not always out of 1000, etc. So it's not
like you have to get 70 out of 100 questions per se. But some of the
'exam cram' books say study and take practice tests until you can easily
pass with at least an 800 on the exam, for instance. Transcender exams
are the best IMHO, they give similar questions and give great feedback.

You can learn more at Microsoft Learning:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/default.asp

Just search around...