McMillan Installer: No module named wxPython.wx

Discussion in 'Python' started by Harald Schneider, Nov 27, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    I ran in some problems with Gordon's Installer, after upgrading to Python
    2.3.2:
    After starting the executable it brings up a

    ImportError: No module named wxPython.wx

    Before upgrading, everything went well.
    I can also run the .py file without any complaints in my system's current
    state.

    I tried
    - Adding the site-packages and the site-packages/wxPython folder to
    PYTHONPATH,
    - added'em to PATH
    - and added both to the pathext. in the .spec file.

    My platform is
    - SUSE Linux 8.1
    - wxWindows 2.4.2
    - wxPython 2.4.2.2 without unicode support
    - The latest Installer 5, freshly installed for Python 2.3.2
    - Python 2.3.2, latest release from python.org.

    Thank you very much for your help,
    Harald
    Harald Schneider, Nov 27, 2003

  2. Solved: McMillan Installer: No module named wxPython.wx

    For everyone, running into the same problem:
    Use cx_Freeze as an alternate installer:
    http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

    It uses another import scheme, which works seamlessly with Python 2.3.2.

    --Harald

    Harald Schneider, Dec 1, 2003