    Do someone know a valid url to download it or know another similar tool?

    Thanks.
    Gianluca

    Gianluca Trombetta, Apr 13, 2004

  2. Gianluca Trombetta

    Larry Bates Guest

    You might also want to take a look at py2exe. It seems to
    be under active development and Thomas Heller (author)
    monitors this list frequently.

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/py2exe/

    Larry Bates
    Syscon, Inc.

    "Gianluca Trombetta" <> wrote in message
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm searching a tool that compile python script to an executable binary.
    > I found the mcmillan installer but i can't find a valid url to download

    it.

    Larry Bates, Apr 13, 2004

  3. Gianluca Trombetta

    Steve Holden Guest

    Gianluca Trombetta wrote:

    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm searching a tool that compile python script to an executable binary.
    > I found the mcmillan installer but i can't find a valid url to download it.
    >
    > Do someone know a valid url to download it or know another similar tool?
    >
    > Thanks.
    > Gianluca

    Unfortunately Gordon Macmillan seems to have disappeared without trace,
    which is a great pity. The macmillan-inc domain registration appears to
    have expired without renewal:

    Whois Server Version 1.3

    Domain names in the .com and .net domains can now be registered
    with many different competing registrars. Go to http://www.internic.net
    for detailed information.

    No match for "MACMILLAN-INC.COM".

    >>> Last update of whois database: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 07:17:14 EDT <<<

    If anybody has news of Gordon I'm sure many people would like to know
    he's OK. His work on the installer was much admired, and we should try
    to make sure it isn't lost.

    regards
    Steve

    Steve Holden, Apr 13, 2004
  4. thank you Larry,

    but I need to compile for linux platform and py2exe only work on windows :-(

    Gianluca

    Gianluca Trombetta, Apr 13, 2004
  5. Gianluca Trombetta wrote:

    > thank you Larry,
    >
    > but I need to compile for linux platform and py2exe only work on windows
    > :-(

    you can use freeze. search for freeze.py in your python installation.

    Bye
    --
    Haim

    Haim Ashkenazi, Apr 13, 2004
  6. Gianluca Trombetta

    simo Guest

    I've mirrored the last 3 versions I could find at home (5beta5 for
    Win/UNIX and 5b4 for Win) at http://www.the-jedi.co.uk/comps/downloads

    I'd really like to know what happened, I heard that Gordon had some
    problems with his hosts being taken over, but now his domain seems to
    have expired too. I hope he's OK.

    I don't know if he's thought of using Sourceforge.net or even
    BitTorrent, I think my bandwidth quota can cope for now.

    Personally I prefer Installer to py2exe, mainly because of --onefile
    and --upx and of course, it works with Linux too!

    simo, Apr 13, 2004
  7. Gianluca Trombetta

    Chris Green Guest

    "Gianluca Trombetta" <> writes:

    > thank you Larry,
    >
    > but I need to compile for linux platform and py2exe only work on windows :-(

    http://starship.python.net/crew/atuining/cx_Freeze/

    I've had pretty good luck getting this to work under Linux though
    haven't gone into production with it. It's a pretty confusing to get
    started but it says it works on Linux & Windows.

    I've only tried Linux but after a lot of hair pulling I was able to
    get 4suite + wxPython + other modules all into a single app directory.

    The hardest part there was the encodings directory of the basic python
    where there are complicated things going on with __import__ and it
    doesn't figure them out.
    --
    Chris Green <>
    Chicken's thinkin'

    Chris Green, Apr 14, 2004
  8. Gianluca Trombetta

    Alan Miller Guest

    Re: mcmillan installer (domain not expired)

    Steve Holden () wrote:
    >Unfortunately Gordon Macmillan seems to have disappeared without trace,
    >which is a great pity. The macmillan-inc domain registration appears to
    >have expired without renewal:

    Actually, you typo'd that - mcmillan-inc.com is registered until April
    of 2005.

    Still, I'm on the mailing list (which survived the apparent
    disappearance of mcmillan-inc.com) and haven't heard anything. There was
    one query a few weeks ago, but no responses.

    ajm

    Alan Miller, Apr 20, 2004
  9. Gianluca Trombetta

    Alan Miller Guest

    Re: mcmillan installer (Gordon is OK)

    Got an email back from Gordon McMillan - he's had some other things he
    had to deal with lately, but he's still around. He didn't say when he
    might get back to dealing with his domain or installer, but hopefully
    things will clear up and it won't be too long.

    ajm

    Alan Miller, Apr 21, 2004