MCSD training requirements

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Philippe Gingras, Jan 31, 2006.

  1. Greetings,

    I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup for my questions, but please do
    not hesitate to point me in the right direction if it is not.

    I actually have 2 questions...

    1. I just purchased a MCAD/MCSD Self-Paced Training Kit. In the system
    requirements for using the kit, it is said that 'you must have two networked
    computers capable of running Microsoft XP Professional Edition, Windows
    2000, or later'. I understand that I need XP Pro for running the Internet
    Information Server, but does 'capable of' mean that I need XP Pro or Win
    2000 on the second networked computer also. Is XP Home not going to be
    sufficient?

    2. There is a 60-day trial of Visual Studio .net 2003 included in the kit.
    Does this mean that I have only 60 days to complete the training, otherwise
    I must purchase Visual Studio .net in order to complete the training? Are
    there any other options, like buying the student edition of Visual Studio
    even if I am not a student in a training facility?

    Many thanks in advance,

    Philippe Gingras

    Philippe Gingras, Jan 31, 2006