    My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    Thanks

    Phil
    Philipp Kraus, Jun 10, 2010

  2. On 6/10/2010 2:15 PM, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
    > Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
    > STD for creating a MD5 hash

    No.

    > or supports Boost MD5 hash?

    You need to look for it on Boost's web site.

    > Can you help me with a little code example?

    Not really. Have you tried looking for it on Google? I would hazard a
    guess that there are open-source solutions for that. Perhaps even on
    'sourceforge.net'...

    > My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    I don't know. Why are you asking?

    Victor Bazarov, Jun 10, 2010

  3. Philipp Kraus

    Richard Guest

    Philipp Kraus <> spake the secret code
    <hura3l$lkr$> thusly:

    >I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
    >Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
    >STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
    >Can you help me with a little code example?
    >My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>

    Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

    Richard, Jun 10, 2010
  4. On 2010-06-10 20:45:52 +0200, Richard said:

    > Philipp Kraus <> spake the secret code
    > <hura3l$lkr$> thusly:
    >
    >> I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
    >> Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
    >> STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
    >> Can you help me with a little code example?
    >> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    > Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>
    >
    > Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

    Thanks, that's a very nice lib, because it's a "wrapper class" for the
    os functions
    Philipp Kraus, Jun 10, 2010
  5. Philipp Kraus

    Jorgen Grahn Guest

    On Thu, 2010-06-10, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
    > Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
    > STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?

    What's the STD?

    > Can you help me with a little code example?
    > My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
    or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
    There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

    /Jorgen

    --
    // Jorgen Grahn <grahn@ Oo o. . .
    \X/ snipabacken.se> O o .
    Jorgen Grahn, Jun 11, 2010
  6. Philipp Kraus

    Richard Guest

    Jorgen Grahn <> spake the secret code
    <> thusly:

    >On Thu, 2010-06-10, Philipp Kraus wrote:
    >> My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

    >That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
    >or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
    >There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

    According to its web page, the Crypto++ library contains mostly public
    domain sources.

    Richard, Jun 12, 2010
  7. Juha Nieminen, Jun 12, 2010