MD5 Hash

Philipp Kraus

Hi,

I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
Can you help me with a little code example?
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

Thanks

Phil

Victor Bazarov

I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash
No.

> or supports Boost MD5 hash?

You need to look for it on Boost's web site.
Can you help me with a little code example?

Not really. Have you tried looking for it on Google? I would hazard a
guess that there are open-source solutions for that. Perhaps even on
'sourceforge.net'...
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

I don't know. Why are you asking?

Richard

Philipp Kraus <[email protected]> spake the secret code
I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
Can you help me with a little code example?
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>

Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

Philipp Kraus

Philipp Kraus <[email protected]> spake the secret code
I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?
Can you help me with a little code example?
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

Try Crypto++ <http://cryptopp.com/>

Disclaimer: I haven't used it myself.

Thanks, that's a very nice lib, because it's a "wrapper class" for the
os functions

Jorgen Grahn

Hi,

I need in my C++ programm a MD5 hash value. I'm write my codes with
Boost for Unix, OSX and Windows. Is there any class or function in the
STD for creating a MD5 hash or supports Boost MD5 hash?

What's the STD?
Can you help me with a little code example?
My solution idea is to compile OpenSSL and link the library?

That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

/Jorgen

Richard

Jorgen Grahn <[email protected]> spake the secret code
That would work. It's also common for people to copy a public-domain
or liberally licensed version (in C) into their project, and use it.
There is a version by Colin Plumb which is commonly used; google it,

According to its web page, the Crypto++ library contains mostly public
domain sources.