    Can You point me to some other news groups that would be good for this
    question?

    TIA

    Rafal 'Raf256' Maj, Jul 5, 2003

  2. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Micah Cowan Guest

    "Rafal 'Raf256' Maj" <> writes:

    > Hello,
    > where can I find ready to use functions for hasing into md5 and sha1 ?
    >
    > I.e. ansi C code like:
    >
    > void makeMd5(unsigned char* input, long size, unsigned char* output) {
    >
    > Ready to copy/paste into application?
    >
    > What is the license for SHA1/MD5 can I use it in my commercialn
    > application?
    >
    > Can You point me to some other news groups that would be good for this
    > question?

    The question isn't appropriate here; I'm not sure in which newsgroup
    it might be. However, google can often be of service :)

    RFC 1321 defines the details of the MD5 hashing algorithm, and
    includes old traditional-style source code. The source code can be
    used as-is, free-of-charge, and free for any use whatsoever, provided
    that your program identifies itself as a derivative of the "RSA Data
    Security, Inc. MD5 Message-Digest Algorithm". Unfortunately, you'll
    need to remove headers and footers from each page, but this can be
    done fairly painlessly; also I'm sure you may find header- and
    footer-less versions somewhere.

    This is at http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1321.txt

    A definition and accompying source code for SHA1 is also available, in
    RFC 3174; http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3174.txt

    HTH, HAND.
    -Micah

    Micah Cowan, Jul 5, 2003

  3. Rafal 'Raf256' Maj

    Shill Guest

    > Can You point me to some other news groups that would be
    > good for this question?

    sci.crypt

    Shill, Jul 5, 2003