    in a constant or what is the meaning of this? I searched already on
    the web, but I didn't found anything
    because I also don't now what to search for. Hope someone can help me.
    Pieter, Jul 29, 2008

  2. Pieter

    Tricky Guest

    Re: Meaning of name : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1downto 0)

    On 29 Jul, 08:14, Pieter <> wrote:
    > In a project I saw the following code:
    > name    : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1 downto 0); with
    > g_resize_num = 1.
    > Now I wanna now what the meaning is of num_rams(g_resize_num). Is this
    > some kind of constant
    > in a constant or what is the meaning of this? I searched already on
    > the web, but I didn't found anything
    > because I also don't now what to search for. Hope someone can help me.

    num_rams() will be a function that takes in an integer and returns
    another integer. It will be defined somewhere in the project you have,
    probably in one of the packages, as it is not in one of the ieee or
    std packages.
    Tricky, Jul 29, 2008

  3. Pieter

    Pieter Guest

    On 29 jul, 09:48, Tricky <> wrote:
    > On 29 Jul, 08:14, Pieter <> wrote:
    >
    > > In a project I saw the following code:
    > > name    : in std_logic_vector(num_rams(g_resize_num) - 1 downto 0); with
    > > g_resize_num = 1.
    > > Now I wanna now what the meaning is of num_rams(g_resize_num). Is this
    > > some kind of constant
    > > in a constant or what is the meaning of this? I searched already on
    > > the web, but I didn't found anything
    > > because I also don't now what to search for. Hope someone can help me.

    > num_rams() will be a function that takes in an integer and returns
    > another integer. It will be defined somewhere in the project you have,
    > probably in one of the packages, as it is not in one of the ieee or
    > std packages.

    Thx for the quick reply
    I found the function and now really understand what the meaning is of
    this line.
    It was a bit confusing because, the function num_rams is again a
    function.
    Pieter, Jul 29, 2008