    If anyone knows, please HELP!!!

    thanks,

    Sander Odekerken

    Sander Odekerken, May 18, 2004

  2. Sander Odekerken

    Symon Guest

    Symon, May 18, 2004

  3. Sander Odekerken

    John_H Guest

    This is an extremely basic question about complex math.

    Real and Imaginary number pairs make up a cartesian coordinate pair. Think
    of the real part as the x-axis and the imaginary part as the y-axis.

    Amplitude and phase values produce a polar coordinate location. Think of
    the amplitude as the distance from the (x,y)=(0,0) origin and the phase as
    the angle counter-clockwise from the x-axis.

    The conversion from cartesian to polar comes from:
    amplitude^2 = x^2 + y^2
    tan( phase ) = y/x

    I hope your FPGA work doesn't get hampered too much by your limited
    engineering-math knowledge. Good luck with the project!

    John_H, May 18, 2004