meaning of these symbol?

newbie

i'm a newbie for c programming.
Anyone can tell me what the meaning of '<<', '>>', '&' and ' | '?

CBFalconer

jamx said:
The -> symbol points to the member of some object/struct.
Like: myObject->value = 1;

No it doesn't. It dereferences a pointer to a struct (or union)
and then selects the appropriate member. To select the member of a
struct use the '.' operator.

Default User

newbie said:
i'm a newbie for c programming.
Anyone can tell me what the meaning of '<<', '>>', '&' and ' | '?

This is no way to learn C. Get a good book on the subject.

Brian

Keith Thompson

newbie said:
i'm a newbie for c programming.
Anyone can tell me what the meaning of '<<', '>>', '&' and ' | '?

If you have a decent textbook or tutorial, you can easily look up this
information. If you don't, you're not going to be able to learn the
language.