Measure memory usage in Python

Discussion in 'Python' started by Rune Strand, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. Rune Strand

    Rune Strand Guest

    Is there a way to measure how much memory a data structure use? For
    instance, what is the footprint of a particular list object like
    [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]?
    Rune Strand, Apr 30, 2006
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Rune Strand

    gene tani Guest

    Rune Strand wrote:
    > Is there a way to measure how much memory a data structure use? For
    > instance, what is the footprint of a particular list object like
    > [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]?


    i have a note to try this, but haven't got around to it, if you want to
    blog/post

    http://pysizer.8325.org/
    gene tani, May 1, 2006
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Rune Strand

    Rune Strand Guest

    gene tani wrote:
    > Rune Strand wrote:
    > > Is there a way to measure how much memory a data structure use? For
    > > instance, what is the footprint of a particular list object like
    > > [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]?

    >
    > i have a note to try this, but haven't got around to it, if you want to
    > blog/post
    >
    > http://pysizer.8325.org/


    Thank you! That seems to be what I was looking for.
    Rune Strand, May 1, 2006
    #3
  4. Rune Strand

    gene tani Guest

    Rune Strand wrote:
    > gene tani wrote:
    > > Rune Strand wrote:
    > > > Is there a way to measure how much memory a data structure use? For
    > > > instance, what is the footprint of a particular list object like
    > > > [0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9]?

    > >
    > > i have a note to try this, but haven't got around to it, if you want to
    > > blog/post
    > >
    > > http://pysizer.8325.org/

    >
    > Thank you! That seems to be what I was looking for.


    ok, my notes are disorganized:

    http://guppy-pe.sourceforge.net/#Heapy
    http://www.softwareverify.com/
    gene tani, May 1, 2006
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Sven
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    9,134
    Peter Schmidt
    Nov 7, 2005
  2. Neagu, Adrian
    Replies:
    3
    Views:
    383
    Heikki Toivonen
    Sep 21, 2006
  3. Fredrik Lundh
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    340
    AdrianNg3
    Sep 20, 2006
  4. masayuki.takagi

    how to measure memory usage on Mac OSX ?

    masayuki.takagi, Feb 26, 2008, in forum: Python
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    615
    masayuki.takagi
    Feb 26, 2008
  5. Chris Rebert
    Replies:
    9
    Views:
    321
Loading...

Share This Page