Measuring memory using ruby-prof - help required

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by jitesh.jain@asia.bnpparibas.com, May 30, 2011.

    Hi All,

    I have a requirement wherein, I need to calculate memory utilized during
    particular external function calls.

    After exploring I came across gem - ruby-prof which was suitable for
    returning me memory usage.

    But after installing, ruby-prof was able to return only CPU utilization.
    It was written that one will require patch version of ruby-prof in order
    to return memory utilization.

    I could search the patch for ruby prof on net but was unable to apply that
    to ruby-prof gem. Problem was due to some incorrect revision.

    I also tried github for applying patch but with no success.

    Can anyone please provide me patched version of ruby- prof which can be
    used to calculate memory usage.

    Or else if you have any other idea for calculating memory usage. Thanks

    Regards,
    Jitesh

    Do not print this message unless it is necessary,
    consider the environment.

    N'imprimez ce message que si necessaire,
    pensez a l'environnement.

    , May 30, 2011