measuring the execution time of a java method

Thomas Weidenfeller

Jeremy said:
how would you measure the execution time of a java method?

I guess you want to know how you could do it. You could e.g. run a
profiler, or use the difference of two calls to System.currentTimeMillis().

/Thomas

Alexander Lueck

Jeremy said:
how would you measure the execution time of a java method?

doSomething();
long end = System.currentTimeMillis();

System.out.println("Execution time was "+(end-start)+" ms.");

Greetings

Alex

Jeremy Watts

Alexander Lueck said:
doSomething();
long end = System.currentTimeMillis();

System.out.println("Execution time was "+(end-start)+" ms.");

Greetings

Alex

Many thanks

Jeremy